Valentines Gifts for the Mr.
It’s always a little tricky to figure out what to get ‘The Mr’ at this time of year. We don’t go crazy since his birthday is in December and mine in February, so we’re a little over the present thing when v-day comes around. I always love getting a bunch of flowers and a night out, so for him I just try and think of something cute and festive. Here are a couple of ideas we sista’s came up with for our hubbies, most under $5 if you shop at the right time!
1. Jar of candy, most men still have the palate of a little boy…so treat him as such! Costco bulk candy is the most cost effective.
2. A game to go with above. This version of the classic jenya game was found at target for $3 on sale. It’s fun to customize into a truth or dare version, be as naughty or nice as you’d like! Simply print out some questions and glue onto wooden pieces.
3. Jammies + smellies are always a treat. These pj’s were $5 at old navy on black friday, again shop way ahead of time for most bang for buck. The mini cologne is from banana republic 2 for $15 right now.
4. A classy photo frame fit for any office. I always keep my eye out for frames at target, as they seem to go on clearance quite often. If you see a deal, and it’s simple and classic…get it, they always make great gifts later on.
5. Last but not least a mix CD, who doesn’t love a good ol’ sappy love song?! Great for in the car on the way to dinner.
our playlist this year:
come what may: nicole Kidman + ewan mcgregor
i love how you love me: camera obscura
who knows how long i’ve loved you: paul mccartney
woman: john lennon
a kiss to build a dream on: louis armstrong
at last: etta james
no other love: chuck prophet
i only have eyes for you: the flamingos
lucky: jason mraz + colbie caillat
all my life: linda ronstadt
dream a little dream of me: the mamas and the papas