Archive for December, 2012
Well, even though I started decorating before Thanksgiving, they weren’t finished until last week. I got very busy this year, so I was grateful I started when I did.
It’s been a couple of years since I’ve made our bedroom festive, but I really enjoy the results this year. There’s nothing like reading a good book, snuggled in my down comforter, with twinkly lights all around…aaaaaah bliss.
Hope you’re all having a magical Christmas Eve…
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOODNIGHT!
For this look we used every day wrapping supplies and simply added metallic for a festive look.
- The graphic, blue print is an every day wrapping paper found at Target, we call the topper ‘sputnik’ which comes in a two pack at the dollar tree.
- The gold, zebra present is perfect for the glam diva in your life. You can doll up an ordinary jewelry box with a wild piece of scrapbook paper. This makes it easy to personalize gift wrap to the recipient’s style, and you don’t end up purchasing and storing a roll of wrapping paper you may not want to use again.
- The large, blue present is navy tissue, wrapped in cellophane for a high-shine look. An expensive ornament found at Target makes the perfect glamorous embellishment.
This ‘wraps up’ our Christmas gift wrap. Hope you have fun with yours and remember to go a little ‘wild’, as after all it’s only gift wrap!
Wrapping with your fella in mind can be a bit of a challenge. For this look we combined natural elements, and a touch of men’s fashion.
- The first package is brown paper with brown ribbon. The tag made from scrabble pieces glued to a scrap of leather. Simple.
- The second package is bark textured paper found at Target. An old belt was used for embellishment, we just needed to add an extra hole so it was snug.
- The final package is wrapped in seasonal plaid from the Dollar Tree. With cinnamon sticks and an acorn with twine finished the look.
This look is making ready to hit the mountains! Where are my boots?!
There is no bigger trend this season than mixing rustic and chic, and we are all over it with upcycling things we already owned and a little spray paint:
- For the little walnut present we simply spray painted the nut and hot glued it to a little box to create a huge statement on a little gift.
- For the large white gift we used glitter tape from the craft store and embellished with spray painted cinnamon sticks and a pine cone.
- We used craft paper, a scrap of natural mesh and a spray painted leaf to create an easy, elegant gift. We created a similar look by using an old belt to embellish a simple brown parcel.
- Lastly we used glitter scrapbook paper to wrap a wooden box and attached with twine.
Grab your spray paint ladies and get ready to witness a makeover!