Sarah’s Organization Project: Linen Closet
And so it continues…another battle of ‘beat the clutter’!
A couple of weeks ago I finally decided to tackle my linen closet. Honestly, I didn’t think it was all that messy, (I swear in person it didn’t seem this bad) but for sure it was not functioning properly. I couldn’t find anything, and putting linens away became a mini nightmare.
But after just two hours of work, this was the reward:
1. The first step (as always) was to purge. I filled a massive garbage bag of sheets and blankets to donate.
2. Then I prioritized what needed to be in the closet. Items like everyday towels, sheets and even guest linens made the cut. Other items like blankets I haven’t used in 5 years, but still didn’t want to give away found their way to the basement.
3. Next, I neatly folded everything and grouped items in baskets. All king size sheets in one, and queen in another…and so on. Not only is this highly functional, but really helps unify the space and makes it look pretty!
4. Finally, I put these little label holders in place to add a bit of charm and remind me where things go. I’m debating labeling the baskets we’ll have to see.
Project cost: About $3 for label holders
Project time: 2 hours
Project reward: Prettier as always, but way more funtional…even Mr Faubus praised this one!