DIY Fabric Notice Board
Today we’d like to share how to make these super simple bulletin boards that we’ve had great success with.
Here’s What You’ll Will Need:
Cork Board/ Sound Choice Board
Scissors, Ruler, Exacto knife
1. Measure frame and cut board to fit (if the frame has a backing you can trace that size). We buy the 4′ x 8′ sound choice board from the hardware store or cork boards from the thrift store for our board.
2. Make sure the board fits in frame after cut, not too snug because the fabric will need to wrap over the board and take up a little space.
3. Use cut board to measure how much padding you’ll need. Cut to same size.
It should look like this:
4. Staple padding onto board.
5. Use your board to measure and cut fabric allowing about 1 1/2 inches on each side.
6. Start with a long side and staple back fabric. One staple about every 2 inches.
7. Next, staple the opposite side. Be sure to pull it so there’s no wrinkles.
8. Now for the edges. Follow these photos…
They should look something like this:
When you’ve stapled all around your board should look something like this:
9. To finish, simply staple to the frame so it’s secure.
Playing around with size, fabric choices and nailhead trim to get the exact look and function you want for your space is great. We especially love them in our offices and by our by our entryways. Check out Sarah’s HERE.
We hope you enjoy creating your own boards and loving them as much as we do!