Last month the Faubus and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. I feel so grown up, and quite accomplished! It’s nice to celebrate an occasion when you really like the number increasing year by year as apposed to birthdays, which one can dread.
We like keep the celebration nice and simple, and somewhat sentimental. This year Brock took me to Sundance as he did for our first date and engagement. He also got me hydrangeas, my favorite flower which was also in my wedding bouquet…little things are the best.
All this gift giving and celebrating got me wondering, how do other couples mark the occasion? Do you have the perfect gift or idea that you fall back on year after year? I’d love to hear.
As for me, these have been my favorite Anniversary Ideas:
1. Printing wedding photos, and making album
2. A slideshow of our favorite couple photos to date
3. Framing a wedding photo, or the invitation
4. A scrapbook of cards, love notes
5. Going on vacation, back to honeymoon spot
6. A mix cd/playlist of songs we listened to when dating
I also saw THIS idea years ago which I’d love to do someday…a balloon for every year married, attached a small gift or love letter or memory…just lovely!
I love love, don’t you?!