Lemon Cheese Recipe
Oh man, have you ever had good I mean really good Lemon Cheese?
We were lucky enough to grow up having our Gran and Aunt make fresh batches regularly, and this summer I was craving some big time, so they were kind enough to share the family recipe that now I’m sharing with you!
You Will Need:
3 1/2 Cups of Sugar
1 Cup of Unsalted Butter
6 Eggs (Beaten)
Juice of 8 Lemons
How To Make:
1. Melt butter in pan very slowly
2. Add sugar, and stir
3. Add lemon juice
4. Stir mixture over a relatively low heat until the mixture boils
5. Remove from heat, and allow to cool for a few hours
6. Add beaten eggs slowly, through a sieve, stirring well. (May need another person to help)
7. Over low heat allow mixture to thicken slowly, keeping just below boiling point
8. Stir until thickens, about 15 – 20 minutes
(To test if thick enough, place a small amount on plate and put in fridge. After a few minutes go and check on it and push finger through the lemon cheese, if it separates, it’s done!)
9. Pour into warmed jars using a jug
10. Cover and seal
11. Keep in dry, cool place. We put in fridge, and be sure to use within 4 weeks
We eat it just like jam, on toast or bread. It can also be incorporated into desserts.
It has the perfect zing to help enjoy the last days of summer, will you be giving it a try? It’s easy enough for me to make, so I’m sure yours will turn out great. :)