Our family has a tradition of giving a gift for each and every member at Christmas. I think we’re up to about 70 people in total, so we have to get creative with budget and resources to make this doable.
One of my favorite gifts I made was a slideshow of all our Christmas’s photographs from our childhood set to Christmas music, it was an emotional hit!
Although projects like this can be time consuming (start now for this Christmas!) they are affordable, and it’s a easy way to make the same thing for almost everyone on your list. But most of all, it’s a treasured keepsake that really can’t be bought.
Here’s a list of 15 Sentimental Family Gift Ideas:
1. Make a mix CD of favorite seasonal music that brings back memories, accompanied with a letter of those memories.
2. Interview a parent or grandparent and give a copy of the transcript.
3. Frame old and new family photos.
4. Frame a famous and loved family recipe.
5. Digitize old photos and create a slideshow.
6. Make a family recipe book.
7. Write down your childhood memories and give to your parents, or your children.
8. Frame a family tree.
9. Copy and print old family photos and put in album.
10. Make a family quiet book for children, with pictures of each family member.
11. Make a card game using family faces instead of traditional cards.
12. Draw the family home you all grew up in.
13. Create a journal with questions for each family member, ask to promote thoughts and memories.
14. Compile a family history book.
15. Write each member a personal note of love and appreciation.
Although shopping can be SO fun, I really get a kick out of going back to the basics, and remembering the special family unit we all have. Gifts like these can soften hearts, close distance and bring us all home for Christmas. :)