The kids in my neighborhood really get a kick when I make our front living room creepy for Halloween.
This year I’ve decided to really freak them out with floating witch hats over my bookcase!
You Will Need:
Black construction paper (2 yards at Zurchers $.59/yd)
Tape or double sided tape (your preference)
Fishing wire, thread or ribbon to hang
1. Make a cone shape as small or large as you would like and secure with tape.
2. Cut around the base of the cone so it is pretty even and can stand up.
3. Cut and fold flaps into the base of the cone to create a shelf for the brim of the hat to sit.
4. Cut a circle of how big you would like the brim of the hat to be. Fold circle in half and cut a hole in the center.
You want this to be smaller than the base of the hat, so it can fit snugly. Start small, and make bigger as needed.
6. You’re done! Now just thread fishing wire through the cone to suspend and tape to the ceiling.
Haha, yes I know that I’m a nerd!
With fishing wire, tape and paper used I estimate this project to be less than $2!!!
Can’t beat that, Holler!!!